Toro 48" Fixed Deck Hydro Drive Pistol (50 St.) (39938)
48" Fixed Deck Hydro Drive Pistol (50 St.) (39938)
Fixed Deck Hydro Drive
14.5 hp Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc Engine with 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE cutting technology deck.
- 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE 7-gauge deck
- 14.5 hp* Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc
- Massive 9-3/8" (23.8 cm) diameter spindles
- Rubber discharge chute
- A Flat Crisp Cut with Precision Blades: (.250) thick precision blades resist flexing to provide a flat, crisp cut. High-strength, heat-treated alloy steel survives impacts and provides resistance to the rapid wear commonly associated with abrasive conditions. Options include Recycler® and Atomic® mulching blades, medium sail Bahai blades, and low sail sand blades.
- Rubber Discharge Chute: High performance rubber discharge chute allows for close trimming without damaging chute or landscape structures. Patented design provides exceptional clipping dispersion.
- Smarter design in a bull-nose bumper.: 7-gauge bull-nose bumper not only protects against frontal impacts, but also contains an integral underskirt to minimize blowout of debris and dust. The bottom, leading edge of the deck is raised 1/4" (6 mm), allowing grass to stand more upright when entering the cutting chamber, ensuring a level cut. Leaf "plowing" during spring and fall clean-up also is significantly reduced.
- Compact Models: Compact 36" (91.4 cm) and 40" (101.6 cm) units can easily fit through gates and maneuver around smaller, tightly landscaped properties.
- Premium Hydraulics: Independent, commercial-duty .6 cu. in. (10 cc) displacement pumps and wheel motors provide instant forward and reverse control without shifting.
- Unique Under-the-Deck Skid Plate: Reduces scalping when traveling over uneven terrain and to avoid catching while loading onto trailers.
- Fast Ground Speed: Infinitely variable ground speed ranging from 0 - 6.2 mph (10 kph) forward, and 0 - 2.2 mph (3.5 kph) in reverse.
- Large Drive Tires: Large 16" (40.6 cm) drive tires and 9" (23 cm) smooth, caster tires deliver excellent traction and superior floatation.
- Patented Adjustable Baffle: Allows operator to achieve maximum cutting performance by fine-tuning deck to conquer changing conditions, unique job sites or different times of the season. In extreme conditions, the baffle can be opened in order to conserve power and achieve faster mowing speeds. In less demanding conditions, the baffle can be closed to yield micro-sized particles and maximize discharge velocity.
- The Industry's Toughest Spindle Assembly: Toro's rugged spindle assemblies survive impacts that would destroy lesser spindles. The cast iron housing, with a massive 9-3/8" (23.8 cm) diameter base, absorbs impact loads and distributes them across a broader area of the robust deck shell.
- Exclusive TURBO FORCE Deck: High-capacity TURBO FORCE decks deliver unsurpassed strength, a superior cut, and increased productivity in extreme mowing conditions. Equipped with a patented adjustable baffle, TURBO FORCE decks can be fine-tuned in order to conquer changing turf conditions.
- Engine: 14.5 hp* Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gallons (19 L)
- Height of Cut: 1" to 4-1/4" in 1/8" increments (2.5 cm to 10.8 cm in 3mm increments)
- Starter: Recoil
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge: Side-discharge Standard
- Air Filter: 2-Stage Air Cleaner
- Adjustable Discharge: Standard
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,500 ft/min (5639 m/min)
- CARB Compliant: Model 39938
- Caster Tires: 9" x 3.50-4" (23 x 9 - 10 cm) Flat-free
- Deck Design: 48" (122 cm) Side Discharge
- Discharge Chute: High-performance 5/16" (8 mm) rubber
- Drive Tires: 16" x 7.50-8" (40.6 x 19 - 20 cm)
- Ground Speed: 6.2 mph (10 km/h) fwd;
- Height: 41" (104 cm)
- Hydraulic Drive: Twin Hydro-Gear® Pumps
- Hydraulic Fluid: Premium Synthetic
- Length: 72.3" (182 cm)
- Spindle Housing: Cast iron with 9-3/8" (23.8 cm) base
- Steering Controls: Pistol Grips
- Width: 49.6" (126 cm) with chute up
- Recycler® Mulching Kits: Recycler mulching kits deliver the industry's finest mulching performance and reduce mowing time up to 38% vs. bagging*.*Respondents in a Texas A&M University study cut their lawns 38% faster when they didn't bag.
- Atomic® Mulching Blades: Atomic® mulching blades feature an aggressive "tooth" design that shreds grass and leaves into small particles. The teeth curl upward behind the blade to suspend clippings in the chamber so they are cut and re-cut until they virtually disappear. Turn your Toro Groundsmaster® into an Atomic® mulching machine!
- TRU TRAK® Sulky: Toro's patented TRU TRAK® sulky is the industry's most innovative sulky design. Large, independently pivoting foot plates greatly reduce operator fatigue while the 2-point connection eliminates jack-knifing in turns or reverse. The unit tracks "true" and straight every time. Foot pads pivot into stowed position when operating in conditions not conducive to sulky operation and for trailering convenience.
- Soft Baggers: Cloth bag kit available for seasonal clean-up, or small debris collection jobs.
NOTES:*The gross horsepower of this engine was laboratory rated by the engine manufacturer in accordance with SAE J1940. As configured to meet safety, emission, and operating requirements, the actual engine horsepower on this class of mower will be significantly lower.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 14.5 hp
- Engine Type
- Wheel Size
- 16 in. x 7.50-8 in. (40.6 x 19 - 20 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (19 L)
- Discharge Type
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge